Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Threat to Christinaity.

I have all kinds of radical thoughts in my mind but very seldom come out. I see Jesus as a revolutionary who called most religious leaders in the world, ‘hypocrites’ and ‘brood of vipers’.
I don’t know how their face looked then. I think the biggest threat to Christianity is not separation of church and state, persecution, poverty, homo sexuality, abortion or anything but legalism.
Should we join with apostle Paul to call them ‘Foolish --–ians’?. Why are so many Christians running in to the lion’s den of religion? What has religion to do with Jesus?
Wasn’t Jesus trying to hit the walls of religion when He pointed His finger to the religious leaders and said:

"Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You shut the kingdom of heaven in men's faces. You yourselves do not enter, nor will you let those enter who are trying to.”
- Mathew 23:13

Religion promotes hypocrisy, self righteousness, self exaltation, self effort, rituals and everything under the sun which has nothing to do with Jesus. That’s the problem with religion.
I was raised religious (eastern orthodoxy) and still struggle to shed it off completely. When I see people come out of that den with a smile on their face just as they are and say, ‘I see a point in the freedom in Christ’, that makes me rejoicing.

No comments: