Friday, August 24, 2007

Can we improve our Flesh with discipline?

Check out this article dealing this issue.

The Flesh is Fixed in Stone! It Can Be Added To But Not Subtracted From!

When the majority of the Christian world teaches us to "improve", there are few who agrees with Apostle Paul:

"In my flesh dwells nothing good"

"If I must boast, I will boast of the things that concern my weakness"

I particularly liked these phrases:

Third, the enemy has the believers trying to undo what they see as bad flesh by doing good. This is an incredible deception. If you people-please all day long, you will hate people at night. If you jam your head with positive thoughts all day, you will be overwhelmed with negative thoughts at night. If you control your appetite all day, you will gorge at night....

There are no great men of God; there are weak men with a big God. Remember, when you are listening or looking to a Christian and being ministered to, it is Jesus that you are seeing. That person, not abiding, is not any better than a drunk or the worst person you know. He has not brought himself to a place of improvement through years of “Christian” discipline. Now, this revelation is one of the most beautiful that I have ever had. It keeps me handcuffed, moment by moment, to Jesus. It is the awareness of weakness that keeps me near. Some would complain and call it a thorn in the flesh, but if the awareness that apart from Him I can do nothing keeps me near to perfect love and participation in perfect victory, why complain?

Read the full article by clicking this link:

The Flesh is Fixed in Stone! It Can Be Added To But Not Subtracted From!

No comments: