Wednesday, July 9, 2008

No Apology.

God won't accept our apology for sins; doesn't matter whether we apologize 1 time or 100 times for the same sin; doesn't matter whether we apologize for all sins or only the sins we can remember.

Leaving one sin out will still make us unforgiven. And an unforgiven person can never be reconciled to God. Okay, I will make sure I will ask forgiveness for ALL my sins, but the question is how do you know what a 'sin' is in the first place? Bible says, whatever is not of faith is sin (Romans 14:23). Hmm... 'whatever is not of faith'?

That means, when I cook with out faith, it's a sin. When I drive without faith, it's a sin. If I breath without faith, that's a sin.

How about confessing and asking forgiveness in a general, include-all statement such as 'Oh God, forgive me for ALL my sins'? That covers all!

No, that won't work either...

Why?

Because, God requires BLOOD for sins. Thats is His standard. I didn't make that up, He said it : 'Without the shedding of blood, there is no forgiveness'. Sorry!

Isn't that enough to atleast rethink the heresy that God's forgiveness is based on our confession?

Tragically, from the 'tradition of men', we somehow learned to apologize with our mouth and expect God to forgive our sins. Sin isn't such a simple thing. After all, it is the cause of (spiritual) death. Remember, the story of Adam?

There was someone who shed the blood. There was someone who stood in place for us. There was someone who took away the entire sins of the world, once for all. There was someone who said 'It's FINISHED'. There was someone who was introduced to us by John the baptist saying, 'behold, the lamb of God who takes away the sins of the world'.

He can't extend a bit of forgiveness anymore when we ask Him, because He has already forgiven the world through the one time sacrifice of His own Son. He has provided forgiveness for the entire world at the cross, now it is up to us whether to receive it or reject it. Keep on asking for forgiveness is a sure sign of the rejection of the total forgiveness provided at the cross. That is not faith. Thats is 'trampling the Son of God under foot'. That is 'insulting the Spirit of grace'. That is 'treating the blood of the covenant as an unholy thing'. (Heb 10:26-31)

[Related post: Dismantle the confession booths]

1 comment:

Aida said...

"God won't accept our apology for sins; doesn't matter whether we apologize 1 time or 100 times for the same sin; doesn't matter whether we apologize for all sins or only the sins we can remember."

Great post, Bino. I've heard believers ask God to forgive them for their sins. For some time, that has bothered me because he already has forgiven us. When we have to ask his forgiveness, we're always left wondering if he forgave us. Maybe this time he got fed up with us and said "No! You've had too many chances!"

The good news is that he's already forgiven us so now, when I sin, I tell him I'm sorry and then I forget about it. I can do that because he's forgotten about it. It's done. It's over with and the sooner we realize that, the sooner we'll walk out from under the burden of guilt and shame.

Thanks for sharing this. BTW, I enjoyed chatting with you this morning.